This profile introduces our new Editor-Kevin Williams. Kevin has a background in the Education-system, so anyone sending articles in MUST have their spelling write, or it's 50 lines in detention!! You have been warned!!
1. FULL NAME? Kevin Rowe Williams
2. BORN-WHEN & WHERE? 22 May 1943, Kyabram, Vic.
3. MARITAL STATUS? Married to Jenny (nee Hernan) 12 January 1993 in Benalla.
4. FAMILY STATUS-KIDS? 4 kids (2 girls & 2 boys), 4 grandkids (2 girls & 2 boys).
5. ARE YOU WORKING? Retired Primary Teacher / Primary Principal / Public Servant (Regional Administration, Statewide Administration) [40 years with Victorian Education Department].
6. TYPE OF TRANSPLANT & DATE? Heart Transplant, 17 May 2003.
7. REASON FOR TRANSPLANT? Ischemic Cardiomyopathy as a result of Heart Attack,19 August 1999.
8. WHERE WERE YOU WHEN 'CALLED'? Deeply asleep in my own bed at home in Edithvale.
9. MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT OF TRANSPLANT PROCESS? Being in the 'Steroid Room' with 3 other heart transplantees talking throughout the night and driving nursing staff crazy and with all 4 of us forming a unique bond.
10. MOST AMUSING MOMENT - DITTO? Asking Doc on day 4 or 5 after transplant if I could attend my own 60th birthday party on Saturday 24th May and being told "I suppose you also want a pilot's license!". More than 100 people celebrated it without me present anyway!
11. HOBBIES? Computers, stamps, coins, local theatrical group, lawn bowls, community service.
12. FAVOURITE THINGS-PLACES, FOOD, MUSIC, ETC? Family, all styles of music, grilled fish, holidays, church, community, and theatre.
13. ANY OTHER COMMENTS? Having been listed 12 months prior, de-listed for medication treatment (carvedilol), and then listed again, and only having to wait 3 weeks before being 'called'.