HLTTV offers a Fitness Grant to its post transplant members that qualify to assist in expenditure for fitness activities. HLTTV will reimburse 50% of receipted costs up to a $150 maximum. As funds are limited, HLTTV may not be able to assist all members who apply each year.
The idea is to help post transplant members in maintaining fitness and wellbeing by partially reimbursing for fitness and/or wellbeing expenditure up to $150 per member in any year. This fulfils two of the HLTTV's objectives:
- provide peer support and encouragement for all pre and post heart and lung transplant patients their families and/or their carers
- provide relevant information and encourage healthy lifestyle choices to ensure the maintenance of optimal physical health
Fitness grant application form
Download and complete the form.
Fitness grant application form (127 KB)
Applications, with receipts, should complete the Fitness grant application form and send to:
Heart and Lung Transplant Trust (Victoria) Inc.
PO Box 25036
Melbourne Victoria 3004
Members must satisfy the following conditions:
- be a current post-transplant recipient member
- have no subscription arrears
- have not received a previous grant in the last year
- have paid the current year subscription by 30 September or was a pre-transplant member at 1 July in current year
The expenditure must be for an appropriate fitness type cost. For example, gym membership, physiotherapy sessions, spin, swimming, tennis, yoga, pilates or tai chi classes, admission cost to a swimming pool or a gym, exercise bike; treadmill, step machine,cross trainer, or sporting footwear.
Please note funds are limited so applications may not be approved, even if all the above conditions are met.
If you have any questions please e-mail the Secretary or write to the Secretary at the above address.